Dear Sophie: How can I sponsor my mom and stepdad for green cards?

We can definitely figure out a plan to support your mom and stepdad to get green cards in the U.S. As your mama married your stepdad after you turned 18, you cant sponsor him straight. You need to sponsor your mother for a green card initially, and then she can sponsor him as her other half. Its possible to get started sponsoring your mommy for a green card now, and you can work with a lawyer to simplify the procedure. You require to be at least 21 years of age and be a U.S. citizen.

More posts by this factor
Dear Sophie: What are Bidens immigration changes?
Dear Sophie: Whats the new minimum income needed for H-1B visa candidates?

Sophie Alcorn

Sophie Alcorn is the founder of Alcorn Immigration Law in Silicon Valley and 2019 Global Law Experts Awards “Law Firm of the Year in California for Entrepreneur Immigration Services.” She links individuals with the companies and chances that expand their lives.

Heres another edition of “Dear Sophie,” the advice column that addresses immigration-related concerns about operating at technology companies.
” Your questions are crucial to the spread of knowledge that allows individuals all over the world to rise above borders and pursue their dreams,” states Sophie Alcorn, a Silicon Valley immigration attorney. “Whether youre in people ops, a creator or looking for a task in Silicon Valley, I would love to address your questions in my next column.”
Bonus Crunch members get access to weekly “Dear Sophie” columns; use discount code ALCORN to buy a one- or two-year membership for 50% off.
Dear Sophie:
I just got my U.S. citizenship! My hubby and I wish to bring my mother and her partner to the U.S. to help us look after our young child and young child.
My biological father passed away numerous years ago when I was an adult and my mother has since remarried. Can they get green cards?
— Appreciative in Aptos
Dear Appreciative:
Congrats on ending up being a person! That is a long roadway, and you did it.:-RRB- For all those out there waiting for citizenship, excellent news: Its a priority for the Biden administration to speed up processing times. Other excellent news– the Muslim Ban is cancelled! And USCIS is going to make things a lot much better for Dreamers seeking DACA.
We can certainly figure out a strategy to support your mother and stepdad to get green cards in the U.S. As your mommy married your stepdad after you turned 18, you cant sponsor him directly. You require to sponsor your mama for a green card first, and then she can sponsor him as her partner.
To speed things up for your stepdad, if he has a sibling, child or child who is a U.S. citizen, any of them can sponsor him for a green card. If your mom ends up sponsoring him once shes a permanent citizen, thats quicker than a U.S. citizen sibling sponsoring a bro, for instance, however generally is not as quick as a U.S. person child sponsoring a moms and dad.
Because your mama is abroad, she will not have the ability to concern the U.S. until the U.S. embassy or consulate in her home nation resumes and reopens processing routine visa and green card applications. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is currently open.
Image Credits: Sophie Alcorn (opens in a brand-new window)( opens in a brand-new window).
Its possible to get begun sponsoring your mother for a permit now, and you can deal with an attorney to improve the procedure. You need to be a minimum of 21 years of age and be a U.S. citizen. As her sponsor, you will likewise need to accept legal duty for economically supporting her.
You will require to initially submit to USCIS files such as your birth certificate and proof of U.S. citizenship, and make certain that all foreign language documents have licensed English translations. Currently, the USCIS California Service Center is taking about seven months to process permit applications for parents.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *