Trump supporters in National Guard might do something to Biden, Dem congressman says – Fox News

Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., ominously recommended Monday that Donald Trump fans within the National Guard charged with assisting protect Joe Biden “may wish to do something” to the president-elect. In an unmatched program of security force, 25,000 National Guard troops have been released to Washington, D.C., to secure Bidens inauguration today. The city is on edge after a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, which interfered with the certification of Bidens Electoral College triumph and resulted in a number of deaths. The FBI is vetting Guard service members charged with safeguarding the Capitol this week.Cohen told CNN he had actually been advised that previous India Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated by her own bodyguards and said any Trump supporters within National Guard units were suspicious.STATES ACTIVATE NATIONAL GUARD, CLOSE CAPITOL BUILDINGS AHEAD OF BIDEN INAUGURATION AND POSSIBLE VIOLENCE”The [National] Guard is 90 some-odd percent male, and just about 20 percent of white males elected Biden,” he said. “Youve got to figure that in the Guard, which is predominantly more conservative … theyre most likely not more than 25 percent of the people there securing us that elected Biden. The other 75 percent remain in the large class of folks that might wish to do something.”CNNs Jim Sciutto pressed back on Cohen, stating being a Trump voter was “far various from being a hazard of violence.” When asked to validate his claim of the possible risks surrounding Biden, Cohen said he had none but added “you draw a circle initially” around Trump voters in the Guard who you must be “suspect of.”Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler criticized Cohen for implying any Trump advocate was a possible “seditionist.””Hmmm, does a Democratic congressman really want to suggest that if you chose Trump you might be a seditionist?” Kessler tweeted. “What happened to the idea that military people are experts and do their tasks regardless of political choices?” Fourth Watch newsletter editor Steve Krakauer called the remark “definitely wicked” and borderline seditious in its implications.Others, especially conservative voices online, overdid Cohen over his remarks.CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APPCohen likewise appeared to overestimate the level of white male assistance for Trump. One exit poll found Biden got about 38 percent of white male voters in the election. Trumps assistance from white voters reduced from his 2016 win over Hillary Clinton and was essential to Bidens victory.

Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., ominously recommended Monday that Donald Trump fans within the National Guard charged with assisting safeguard Joe Biden “may desire to do something” to the president-elect. When asked to substantiate his claim of the possible dangers surrounding Biden, Cohen said he had none however added “you draw a circle first” around Trump voters in the Guard who you should be “suspect of. One exit survey discovered Biden got about 38 percent of white male voters in the election.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *